16 Mar Blank and McCune’s Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Being Mindful of COVID-19
The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is on the forefront of our minds at Blank and McCune. Brokers and Realtors are intently monitoring COVID-19 developments internationally, nationally, and on the local level. The health and safety of our community, clients, Realtors, and staff are of utmost concern.
The situation surrounding COVID-19 and both its immediate and future impacts on the community continue to evolve. Blank and McCune Realtors pledge to do our best in supporting our clients while minimizing health and safety risks as best we can during this turbulent time.
If you are considering listing your home for sale we encourage you to consult the CDC Protect Your Home website.
We would also like to encourage our community to familiarize themselves with the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 2019 Coronavirus website.
We encourage everyone to watch the CDC’s What You Need to Know About Handwashing video
What Our Agents Are Doing
Our agents have familiarized themselves, and will continue to monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for Steps to Prevent Illness. We are stressing the need to put distance between yourself and other people in an effort to help flatten the curve.
During this difficult time we understand real estate is a social industry, and home-buyers and home-sellers are still faced with finding or selling homes despite COVID-19. At this time our agents are still attending listing appointments, showing properties when requested, and monitoring the market. In an effort to be mindful of social distancing, we encourage buyers to do as much internet browsing of homes (utilizing both virtual and 3D tours) as possible to narrow down lists of prospective homes.
The following actions will be taken by Blank and McCune Realtors when showing property and meeting with clients:
- Washing hands for at least 20 seconds once the door is open for clients to view a home
- All Realtors will delegate showings/listing appointments to others within the brokerage if the agent is experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath
- All Realtors will be in regular contact with their sellers to confirm their clients are
comfortable having showings.
- Realtors will ask all clients if the client(s) prior to listing appointments and showings if the client has experienced Fever, Cough, of Shortness of Breath, prior to meeting in person or conducting a showing. This list will be updated based upon the Watch for Symptoms defined by the CDC.
- Blank and McCune Realtors are strongly discouraged from holding open houses until April 18, 2020. This date will be reviewed regularly and adjusted.